Class A Driver Lead
Class A Driver Lead
St. Mary's is currently seeking a Class A Driver Lead. The Driver Lead assists the Transportation Manager and Supervisor in the daily scheduling/supervision of all St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance drivers and works to promote excellent customer service in the Transportation Department. This position leads by example, promoting the Company Values and helping the department where needed. Also, provides necessary training to fellow drivers and other employees as needed.
- Emphasizes Company Values in their work activities and inspires co-workers to follow their lead.
- Responsible for assisting the Driver Supervisor or interim in the daily dispatching of all Semi Trucks in the St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance fleet.
- Responsible for assisting the Manager/Supervisor or interim in the daily supervision of all Drivers present at all locations, promoting safety and relaying pertinent information.
- Sets up daily pick ups and adjusts as necessary, basing decisions on numerous variables from donor requests to truck breakdowns.
- Responsible for assisting the Manager/Supervisor or interim in the daily dispatching of Food Drives.
- Responsible for scheduling the pick up of food donation calls, ensuring on-time pick ups to the donors satisfaction.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent relations with food donors, merchants and individuals, especially regarding customer service issues.
- Works with the Manager/Supervisor or interim to control and audit routes on a bi-annual basis, including setting up new routes and re-organizing existing ones.
- Acts in the capacity of Manager/Supervisor or Lead, in their absence.
- Updates and maintains all appropriate paper work related to driver’s daily route sheets and vehicle inspection reports, ensuring D.O.T. Rules and Regulations are being adhered to by all drivers at all St Mary’s Food Banks locations.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly reports as assigned.
- Required to drive a Class A/ B truck to complete a pick-up or delivery.
- Duties as outlined in all driver’s Responsibilities.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Class A CDL License is required.
- Five years of transportation experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office software, commercial driver license requirements and DOT Rules and regulations.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org