Class B Bus Driver
Class B Bus Driver
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance (SMFBA) has an opening for a Bus Driver - Class B at our Phoenix, Arizona location. The Bus Driver - Class B is responsible for picking up and dropping off DOC inmates. During down time will also be responsible for driving a company truck on a regularly scheduled route to pick up donated food products from food donors and returning to the appropriate warehouse for unloading. Additionally, the driver will pick up product from other unscheduled destinations, and occasionally transport product to off-site locations. Acts in the capacity of Customer Service Representative (CSR) in daily contact with donors.
Founded in 1967, St. Mary’s is known as the world’s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Bus Driver - Class B include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for upkeep of assigned company vehicles to ensure Safety, Fueling, DOT and Appearance standards are met.
- Assists in the loading/unloading of SMFBA trucks working under the direction of warehouse authority. Operating manual or electric pallet jacks according to SMFBA policy and OSHA standards. Pre-loading equipment needed for the following day’s route needs. Washing out trailers/truck boxes to ensure cleanliness.
- Completes Driver Record of Duty and Vehicle Inspection Reports as required by the Department of Transportation and SMFBA.
- Maintaining the proper handling of food to ensure specific temperatures measures and cross contamination guidelines are adhered to.
- Responsible for the proper labeling of pallets and Food Drive boxes to include the Donor’s name.
- Responsible for accurately filling out Donation Receipts with all pertinent information required, neatly.
- Responsible for the pick up and delivery of food donations, ensuring on-time standards are met to the Donor’s satisfaction.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent relations with Food Donors/Merchants and Individuals, especially while driving.
- Completes daily reports as necessary.
- Required to drive a Class B truck to complete a pick-up or delivery.
- Reports to the Transportation Manager/ Driver Supervisor for disposition during down time or delays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED.
- Minimum one year of demonstrated and successful experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- CDL (Class B), Passenger’s endorsement with good driving record, and current DOT Medical Certification.
- Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (preferred).
Pay starting at $16/hr. St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/