St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance was founded in 1967 and today is one of the largest food banks in the United States and proud of the impact it has on the hungry in Arizona.
St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance has an opportunity available for a Development Associate. Located in our Phoenix office, our Development Associate is responsible for assisting with fundraising by communicating with current donors, prospective donors and estate planning professionals.
Key Responsibilities Development Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to inquiries from current and prospective donors.
- Manage accounts for each Alan Merrett Society donor, open estates, realized estates.
- Manage acknowledgement letter process to donors and estate planning professionals for donations or notifications.
- Responsible for database documentation within Raiser?s Edge for Planned Giving program.
- Attend and assist with preparation for meetings, workshops, and events.
- Conduct research on Planned Giving prospects.
- Assist with cultivation and stewardship efforts for donors and prospects.
- Manage Development Department?s incoming mail.
- Act as second point of contact for donors calling the Development Department by problem solving and offering the best solutions possible. Take donations via phone, handle account inquiries including address changes and other requests.
- Conduct donor tours.
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Ability to communicate with people from various backgrounds and positions.
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to work closely with fellow staff members and volunteers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must possess a friendly demeanor to inspire donor loyalty.
- Flexible and willing to acquire new or shift responsibilities.
- Knowledge of fundraising and stewardship practices, particularly for major donors.
- Ability to conduct two hour-walking donor tours of operation.
- Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with Raiser's edge 7 a plus.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: jobs.firstfoodbank.org