We have a current need for a Facilities Maintenance. This position assists the Facilities team with general maintenance, repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment, preventive maintenance and grounds keeping for all St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance Campuses (Phoenix and Surprise).
Located in Phoenix, Arizona and founded in 1967, St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance is known as the world?s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Facility Maintenance position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance, upkeep and repair of the property and grounds.
- Periodic inspections of all units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs as needed.
- Event set up?s and tear downs.
- Completing work order requests promptly and according to company policy.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies, tools and equipment.
- Overseeing proper maintenance of landscaping including but not limited to cutting grass, edging and weeding flowerbed areas, properly placed, timed and running sprinklers, maintaining trees, shrubs and other plants.
- Keeping accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, refurbishing, inspections and inventories.
- Completing seasonal maintenance such as startup and shut down of EVAP coolers.
- Ensuring knowledge of emergency shut off valves and sewer clean out valves and locations.
- Cleaning and securing work areas, storage areas, tools and equipment.
- Safety sensitive position.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years? building maintenance experience or equivalent.
- Work schedule flexibility required to include evenings and weekends if necessary.
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of wall repair and painting.
- Experience soldering copper pipe with propane torch.
- Knowledge of floor care products and equipment.
- The ability to trouble shoot and repair plumbing fixtures, evaporative coolers and similar warehouse equipment as well as perform minor electrical repairs.
- Valid Arizona driver?s license.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Have general working knowledge of basic construction and mechanical practices.
- Basic computer skills.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org