St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance is currently looking for a Finance Manager. Located in Phoenix, Arizona and founded in 1967, St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is known as the world’s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, delivery of analytical support to senior staff, focusing on providing accounting support to the Leadership team with particular emphasis on development and operations support. Reporting to the CFO, this high-profile position is responsible for the day-to-day inner workings of the finance department that focuses on key value drivers across the business.
- Manage team with a wide range of accounting experience
- Team performance management including staff training, coaching, development and evaluation
- Manage the company’s monthly close and reporting calendar and schedule all related activities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Administer, manage and maintain compliance with all government grants, including annual preparation of SEFA.
- Support staff during the monthly financial close process by reviewing journal entries, balancing procedures and G/L reconciliations
- Review the preparation and distribution of key financial reports for management and auditors
- Monitor and report cash flow
- Responsible for the preparation of specific financial reports
- Ensure all team deliverable's are completed and deadlines met
- Keep management informed of status of team’s workload and priorities
- Support quarterly and annual external audits
- Ensure internal and external controls are in place
- Serves as lead for the annual budget process, producing materials and schedules, compiling data, and producing final copy.
- Prepares quarterly compliance reports for Worker’s Compensation, payroll taxes and unemployment taxes. Provides information for annual compliance audits and assigned annual compliance reports for St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Lead contact for annual financial audit and single audit.
- Prepare annual SOFE
- Assists the CFO with the development of accounting policies and procedures and other miscellaneous projects and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 year minimum experience with outside auditors required
- Strong accounting skills with 5-7 years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to lead the team in a dynamic environment, managing ever changing and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work well with people at various levels (including non-financial people)
- Ability to effectively manage performance of staff by evaluating and maximizing strengths and addressing developmental opportunities
- Ability to analyze financial statements/schedules and write commentary to explain variances in a concise, clear manner
- Ability to evaluate current accounting processes and propose/implement improvements
- Expert Excel and Jet Report skills
- Experience with Ceres (Navision) system is preferred
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org