Food Drive Specialist
Food Drive Specialist
Are you a self-directed, high-energy, innovative professional looking to give back to the community? We have just the right position for you. Join St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance as a Food Drive Specialist at our Phoenix, Arizona location. The Food Drive Specialist will be responsible for scheduling operational resources, donor outreach, cultivation, database & volunteer and speaking opportunities.
The Food Drive Specialist position involves a high volume of phone calls, and requires excellent customer service skills. Ideal candidates will have a background in customer service, sales and experience working in a nonprofit environment.
Founded in 1967, St. Mary?s is known as the world?s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Food Drive Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Providing customer service food drive telephone support including answering calls, and processing online food drive registration forms and emails.
- Retaining and cultivating existing food drive donors.
- Scheduling delivery and pickup of food drive collection materials.
- Managing donor database records in CERES and Raisers? Edge databases.
- Providing field support for assigned food drives, events and food drive activities.
- Providing support for new and existing donation campaigns.
- Generating food drive acknowledgement letters, thanks you certificates and poundage reports.
- Providing tours to current and prospective donors.
- Attending speaking opportunities on behalf of St. Mary?s Food Bank, to include evening and weekends as appropriate.
- Travel within St. Mary?s Food Bank coverage area.
Minimum Qualifications sought:
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), social media, and the internet.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic database applications.
- Possess a valid driver?s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Two years? professional experience in sales, business or community development, or account management.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org