Food Resource Developer
Food Resource Developer
St. Marys Food Bank Alliance is looking for a self-directed, innovative professional to act in the capacity of Food Resource Developer. Based in our Phoenix, Arizona location, the Food Resource Developer will be directly responsible for the development and retention of food donation accounts. The Food Resource Developer will also coordinate and leverage food donation accounts for the purchasing of food productions necessary to support food bank programs and operations.
Founded in 1967, St. Marys is known as the worlds first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining donor relationships with food industry companies, organizations, and individuals to facilitate the donation of food products in support of the mission of the food bank.
- Ongoing solicitation, site visits, and account follow-up to ensure donor development, growth of the donor relationship, and the timely resolution to any problems with donor accounts. Field work up to 80% of the month.
- Maintaining all donor account records and files, including the food bank database of donor accounts and their activity.
- Developing and growing donor accounts to include volunteer support for the food bank, donor food drives, and the donation of funds.
- Seeking program sponsorship opportunities for food bank programs through the growth and development of donor accounts.
- Supporting the Operations Team in all matters of food resourcing are handled correctly and efficiently to limit waste and to ensure product quality.
- Establishing logistical processes and procedures to facilitate product arrival and shipment.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends, technology, and food safety.
- Providing support to the Operations Team in the area of product traceability and food safety programs, and for product recalls.
- Maintaining accurate records and generating reports to document to include monthly status reports on account activity and new source development).
- Assisting with providing data and metrics information to facilitate the evaluation of operational activities of the food bank.
- Maintaining excellent customer service relations with all internal and external customers.
- Providing support to the Logistics Department to implement and oversee best practices to ensure perishable products are handled quickly and efficiently to maximize product viability.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with other food banks, Feeding America, AAFB, and other community and organizational partners to facilitate the mission of the food bank.
- Providing support for the food banks Mobile Pantry program, including the development and expansion of the program.
- Providing technical, logistical, and educational support for food bank employees and programs involving the procurement of food resources.
- Attending trade shows.
- Safety sensitive position.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years food industry experience, or comparable industry experience.
- Experience in business/account sales development and management.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Comprehensive experience in customer service management.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Valid Arizona Drivers license.
St. Marys offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, 401K, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.