St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance has an opening for a Staff Account who will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger and subsidiary ledgers. The Staff Accountant will assist with preparation of month-end financial statements, support AR, AP, Payroll and Data Entry functions.
St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance was founded in 1967 and today is one of the largest food banks in the United States and proud of the impact it has on the hungry in Arizona. Arizona ranks third in the country for child food insecurity. St. Mary?s Food Bank is committed to expanding its child nutrition programs and improving the quality of life for Arizona children.
Key Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly financial statements, including posting all month-end journal entries.
- Reconciling bank statements and other ledger accounts in the General Ledger.
- Assisting with the annual financial and single audits, as well as various program audits throughout the year.
- Supporting the Sr. Director of Finance with maintenance of government grant documentation.
- Assisting with the development and review of accounting policies and procedures and miscellaneous projects and activities.
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accrual based accounting as well as understanding of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Navision Accounting software is preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, & Excel as well as accounting software.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and non-profit accounting principles and practices.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: jobs.firstfoodbank.org