St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Training Specialist for our Community Kitchen program. The Training Specialist oversees the Life Skills instruction of Community Kitchen students. Works in partnership with the Student Recruiter, Career Services Specialist, Student Development Specialist as well as Chef Instructors and Culinary Staff to provide training support and ensure program objectives and processes are aligned and effective. Provides training implementation support at partner sites as needed.
- Develops and creates appropriate life skill curriculum to fit the needs of a diverse learning population (ie: time management, teamwork, communication, goal setting).
- Assists with creating training workshops/activities/handouts for the culinary training and/or job readiness components of the curriculum.
- Create training's that cater to adult learners.
- Provides support and coaching to current facilitators (lifeskills and culinary) ensuring subject content is effectively delivered meeting all stated objectives using interactive and engaging teaching/facilitation techniques.
- Finds new facilitators both inside SMFB and outside (with community partners) that can aid the students.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Observes students during instruction to assist in evaluating student performance and behavior.
- Markets the CK training programs to outside agencies.
- Coordinates/facilitates bi-monthly staff training's to develop training skills, learn more about the population that is served, and meet objectives of management.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years minimum work related experience.
- Basic computer literacy and data entry skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Clean background check that allows entrance to prison/jail.
- Flexible, self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively.
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to interact professionally with the public.
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, ethnic origins, and socioeconomic levels are essential.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org