Transportation Supervisor sought to join St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance Transportation Department. This position supervises and coordinates the activities of all drivers within the Food Bank. Transportation supervisor schedules, trains, and recommends staffing actions.
Located in Phoenix, Arizona and founded in 1967, St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance is known as the world?s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Transportation Supervisor position include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining communication with drivers, creating a positive work environment and enforcing how their positions contribute to the overall St. Mary?s Food Bank mission.
- Ensuring transportation staff maintains a high standard of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Responsibility for driver recognition and disciplinary actions.
- Maintaining required DOT records (i.e. CDL driver files) and logs, remaining current with updated regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring upkeep of company vehicles to ensure Safety, Fueling, DOT and Appearance standards are met.
- Scheduling staff and temporary employees as needed and processing payroll documents accordingly.
- Collaborating with human resources and Transportation Manager to hire drivers as needed.
- Updating and maintaining appropriate paperwork related to transportation and fleet accountability.
- Completing pick-up and/or delivery and filling in for drivers as needed.
- Maintaining and editing of the ELD compliance software daily.
- Ensuring a high level of customer relations with food donors/merchants and individuals as it applies to transportation related issues.
- Overseeing the weekly and monthly required training of CDL drivers.
- Updating and maintaining all paper work related to the fleet, including vehicle inspection reports, ensuring DOT Rules and Regulations are being adhered to.
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Safety sensitive position.
- Bachelor?s degree or acceptable equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 3 years? transportation and/or logistics experience or comparable industry experience, including 1 year fleet maintenance and truck dispatching experience.
- Prior experience with DOT rules and regulations and CDL requirements required.
- Two years? supervisory experience.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Previous experience with software specific to truck/fleet routing is preferred.
- Knowledge of food and food product handling, quality assurance and food safety preferred.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required.
- At least 2 years? building maintenance experience or equivalent.
- Work schedule flexibility required to include evenings and weekends if necessary.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.