St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance currently has an opening for a Product Allocations Associate in our warehouse in Phoenix. This position manages the order writing process for all of our partner agencies and satellite locations. Working closely with various departments within our organization, the position ensures that order lead times are being maintained and inventory is being moved efficiently and accurately.
Founded in 1967, St. Mary?s is known as the world?s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Product Allocations Associate include, but are not limited to: Enterprise Resource Planning (software).
- Creating and registering all agency orders, transfer orders, product movements, and other supply chain functions to facilitate the movement and distribution of food across the St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance network, into the Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Maintaining records of agency preferences and capacities to provide better service.
- Allocating all food and non-food items in the supply chain in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Visually inspecting all perishable food items prior to distribution to ensure the viability and safety of these products for distribution, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Allocating product using the First Expired, First Out (FEFO) & First In, First Out (FIFO) methods to minimize waste.
- Maintaining the order lead times needed to allow other departments time to pull/stage orders.
- Working with the team to ensure product is being distributed equitably among our partner agencies and that the day?s workload is completed accurately and on time.
- Initiating and maintaining communication and successful working relationships with departments within the organization to ensure supply chain integrity and effectiveness.
- Proactively communicating issues related to inventory and order writing processes to other department supervisors as needed.
- Generating inventory reports that illustrate accuracy and quality.
- Proactively seeking answers to any issues preventing completion of tasks.
- Promptly responding to emails and order requests.
- Checking inventory against product recalls.
- Supporting all training and cross-training of staff.
- Safety sensitive position.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor?s degree or supply management certification preferred.
- Food Handler?s card or ServSafe certification.
- Minimum two years? of food industry experience.
- One year of food supply chain management preferred.
- Bachelor?s degree or supply chain management certification preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Excel, and Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Excellent customer service, and verbal and written communication skills.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.