St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Warehouse Supervisor at our Phoenix location. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing assigned Associates in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping.
Regular hours for this position will be M-F 11am-8pm, however longer hours and Saturdays may be required during holidays, special events, and busy seasons.
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures. Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner.
- Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Conduct shift meetings.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
- Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maintain forklift certification.
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
- 5+ years supervisory warehouse experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Ability to supervise employees.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Tools and Technology Required: Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org