Career Services Specialist
Career Services Specialist
Are you currently searching for an out of the ordinary career? Read on to learn about our opportunity for a Career Services Specialist with St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance. Our Career Services Specialist works with our Community Kitchen program students and graduates to help them obtain full-time employment. The key focus is on the growth of our foodservice employer partners as well as the continued development of relationships with our current employer partners.
Founded in 1967, St. Mary?s is known as the world?s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Career Services Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching resume development, job readiness & other life skills classes.
- Organizing mock interviews with students and graduates.
- Facilitating career based student assessments and evaluations.
- Advising current students and graduates as it pertains to their job search.
- Updates students on market/economic changes relative to job searches
- Obtaining various information regarding student?s individual progress, goals and challenges to assist with successful job placement.
- Managing the employment resource database.
- Maintaining accurate student job retention data.
- Mentoring and providing a professional and responsible role model to students.
- Speaking in public settings on behalf of the Food Bank and Community Kitchen program.
- Continually focusing on securing employment for CK students and graduates.
- Maintaining and developing existing relationships with employment partners through email, phone calls and weekly onsite in-person visits.
- Researching and actively participating in valley foodservice, Human Resources, and job development networking associations.
- Developing and using creative methods to educate valley foodservice managers about the Community Kitchen program.
- Leveraging existing Food Bank relationships with food companies and food related organizations to create employment opportunities.
- Communicating frequently with student employers by email, phone and onsite visits.
- Conducting tours of the Community Kitchen to potential employment partners.
- Developing strategies to enhance the career services initiatives within the food bank and within other agency partners to impact more people.
- Conducting surveys of employment partners to ensure that the Community Kitchen program & curriculum prepare students to meet their hiring needs.
- Safety sensitive position.
- Previous experience in human resources, career services or foodservice industry.
- Proven ability to educate and motivate others.
- Bachelor?s degree.
- Arizona driver?s license.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.