Client Services Associate
Client Services Associate
The Client Services Associate provides coordination of all client service operations at the distribution center. The position requires flexibility, excellent verbal and written communication skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to prioritize and work well with all levels of management and staff. This position assist in all operational aspects associated with the direct client distribution program, EFB/CSFP distributions, training staff/ volunteers, quality assurance of distributed food, and the safety and security of the lobby and parking lot.
- Assists in overseeing the daily operations of the center’s client services lobby, warehouse operation, and distribution of programs to ensure a smooth and efficient flow.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with problem solving when dealing with internal and external customers; whether face to face, over the phone, or over email.
- Oversees the production process and volunteers at all times, ensuring that assigned tasks are completed correctly and that a meaningful work experience is had by volunteers.
- Maintain first-hand knowledge of the TEFAP and CSFP product and distribution.
- Responsible for the client services desk and the distribution pick-up desk to ensure proper screening and service to clients.
- Works with Agency Services, Inventory, and Operations to report accurate information that include the following: site participation counts and ending inventory.
- Work with Operations to prepare daily summaries of all programs and client services activities.
- Perform daily inventory and par level counts on distributed and received product.
- Assists in training for on boarding of staff/volunteers in reference to direct client services, database usage, and other aspects associated with operating a direct client distribution facility.
- Assist in maintaining all Feeding America, AIB, Maricopa County Health Department, and St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance safety, sanitation, and operational standards.
- Ensure quality assurance of food being distributed to clients.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the distribution floor and parking lot.
- Experience in the customer service field and warehouse operations environment
- MS Office software, planning and organizing, basic math, and ability to independently and effectively work with minimal supervision
- Ability to teach warehouse procedures and company policies to large volunteer groups
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to operate fork lift and electric pallet jack
- Food Handler and/or Serv-Safe certified.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse sanitation.
- Experience with shipping and receiving procedures
Rate of pay is $14/hr. St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org