Culinary Training Instructor
Culinary Training Instructor
St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance is currently seeking a Culinary Training Instructor to oversee the Culinary and Life Skills instruction of a diverse group of individuals as part of a food bank training program aiming to increase self-sufficiency and leading them to employment. This position will be working at various locations (jails/prisons/vocational schools) on a weekly basis. Instructor will also teach and talk about a high level of food handling standards. Directs and works alongside the students to give them the tools they need to be successful in the culinary industry. Works in partnership with the Student Recruiter, Career Services Specialist, Student Development Specialist as well as Chef Instructors and Culinary Staff to provide training support and ensure program objectives and processes are aligned and effective.
- Instructing students about safety in the kitchen, proper measurement, tools and equipment, culinary math and cooking techniques through classroom instruction and hands-on demonstrations teaching.
- Coordinates with other instructors, ensuring materials being taught in the classroom and the kitchen are concurrent with employer expectations.
- Provides knife skills and cooking demonstrations for basic culinary techniques.
- Works one on one with struggling students.
- Share best practices learned from real world experience with students to prepare them for the industry.
- Ability to formulate long term planning and execution without supervision.
Oversee Training Curriculum:
- Creates and adjusts current life skill curriculum to fit the needs of a diverse learning population (ie: time management, teamwork, communication, goal setting).
- Assists with creating training workshops/activities/handouts for the culinary training and/or job readiness components of the curriculum.
- Works with outside agencies to create/modify training to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Consistently reviews and updates the curriculum content and presentation.
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids, and manuals.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Delivers/facilitates assigned curriculum and creates a motivating classroom environment.
- Helps deliver train-the-trainer models to outside agencies who utilize CK curriculum as well as present training to outside agencies. This includes jail/prison facilities.
This position requires an AA in culinary studies and/or 5 years minimum work related experience. Basic computer literacy and data entry skills. Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word/PowerPoint/Publisher). Valid Arizona driver’s license. Clean background check that allows entrance to prison/jail.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: jobs.firstfoodbank.org