St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance (St. Mary?s) is looking for a Curriculum Developer/Writer contractor to create and formalize curriculum components for its Community Kitchen Program that can be shared with other nonprofits within Maricopa County and statewide to engage more low-income, homeless, formerly incarcerated and other individuals in a culinary career so they can obtain a well-paying job and become self-sustainable.
To create and formalize curriculum components that can be shared with other non-profits within Maricopa County and statewide to impact/help more individuals who are participating in other job training and career service programs. Collaborate with various restaurant partners, including large organizations like HMSHost, and smaller restaurants like Otro Caf?, to create and review the culinary and job readiness components of the Community Kitchen program to assess and further its relatability to the food service industry.
1. Develop a refined and comprehensive curriculum facilitator guide (hard and electronic copy) for all curriculum areas including Kitchen Fundamentals; Life skills; Kids caf?; Creative Kitchen; and Job Readiness, including course syllabi, daily lesson plans, teaching objectives, coordinating worksheets/materials/activities, and grading/assessment tools and instructions based on current CK curriculum and culinary instruction best practices that St. Mary?s and the partner agencies will utilize to serve more individuals each year in a format that is easily accessible to our agency partners.
- Review current curriculum
- o Observe and interview instructors regarding current lesson plans/teaching objectives.
- o Review existing curriculum guides/materials.
- Collect feedback from restaurant/food service workers on which skills/abilities are needed to be successful in the food service industry.
- o Large/small scale restaurants and food service establishments will be interviewed/surveyed. Community Kitchen will provide potential survey subjects.
- Create lesson guides/modules/facilitation guides for the program instructors.
- Create an evaluation tool (electronic) for staff to assess student skills and job readiness throughout the program.
2. Develop a student workbook (hard and electronic copy) that includes the main curriculum lessons/worksheets/journals and resources that mirror the facilitator guide and that will be provided to students when they start the program.
St. Mary?s is seeking a consultant to begin working on the project in early January 2018. A specific start date will be determined after the contract is awarded. A final report and presentation will be due to St. Mary?s in June 2018.
The maximum budget for this project is $30,000 at $30.00 per hour including workbook creation and the curriculum developer?s fee. Invoices will be billed to St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance based on key deliverables and payment schedule will be negotiated upon contract award.
- 5-7 years of experience conceptualizing and writing curriculum, educational materials and training materials for adult learners.
- Experience with educational media, web-based program development and other emerging technologies
- Familiar with culinary/food service a plus.
- Ability to manage all administrative functions necessary to complete stated activities and deliverables.
- Strong writing skills, ability to do research, graphics and creativity a plus.
- Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Education, or equivalent
Job Reference #: 670520