Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
St. Mary’s Food Bank serves to alleviate hunger through the gathering and distribution of food while encouraging self-sufficiency, collaboration, advocacy and education. For everyone working at St. Mary’s Food Bank, ending hunger in Arizona is more than our profession. It is our life’s mission. Our team is made up of passionate professionals who believe that everyone has the right to a nutritious meal. This is your chance to make a difference.
The Human Resources Director is an advocate for the company and its employees. Responsible for attracting, motivating and retaining the most qualified talent. Creating a culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, empowerment and goal attainment.
Key responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave programs, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations.
- Develops and implements processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization's human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Active participant on company safety committee and accident review panel.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces Human Resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Develop and manage annual budget for HR-related initiatives.
- Manage and maintain HR-related documents, including job descriptions, salary ranges, organizational chart, personnel records, work environment and employee handbook.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelors’ degree required with at least 10 years of human resources experience.
- HR Certification preferred.
- Five plus years of experience acting as a partner to executive leadership with a focus on strategic planning and talent management.
- Experience in use of varied HRIS software, payroll and benefits administration, employee development, compliance, onboarding, recruitment and other HR functions.
- A demonstrated ability to improve operating efficiencies and processes through effective team leadership across the organization.
- A resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and a solid knowledge of HR policies, procedures, labor and leave laws are required.
- Strong team player with a dynamic, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, evidencing strong decision-making skills is essential.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced enviornment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- 401(k) w/match
- Company paid STD, LTD, and Life insurance
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org