Kids Cafe Production Supervisor
Kids Cafe Production Supervisor
|Location:||Surprise , AZ|
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently looking for a full-time Production Supervisor at our Surprise, Arizona location who can work early morning hours to prepare cold meals for our Kids Cafe meal service program that helps feed low-income, school-age children when out of school year-round. If you want to work with a great team, have an opportunity to grow, and ensure no child goes to bed hungry, this job may be for you! St. Mary’s is one of America’s highest ranked charities and offers a strong benefit package.
The Kids Cafe Production Supervisor has direct responsibility for supervising the Production Coordinator and the day-to-day activities of all other workers which may include volunteers, inmates and/or community service workers.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, this position is also responsible for supervising each segment of all operations that lead to the preparation, production and packing of components required to complete a variety of Kids Cafe meal programs. These may include anything from the production of several thousand individual meals to the shipping of products in bulk.
- Oversee the assembly, set-up and packing of all commodities required for production activities in relation to any of the current programs. This may include the breakdown and re-pack of bulk food items, stock control, rotation and produce sorting, final meal bagging and post-production cleaning.
- Direct, motivate, and work side-by-side with subordinate employees, assigned volunteers, inmates and community service workers to complete daily targets for all production activities
- Offer input to the Production Manager regarding resources required to complete activities for weekly and daily production schedules
- Regularly review established production procedures and activities and, in consultation with the manager, make adjustments where considered necessary to maintain efficiency
- Address any production related issues in a timely manner; escalating issues that may need further resolution to the Kids Cafe Production Manager
- Manage all Kids Café production accounting activities including, ordering, inventory tracking, agency billing and records retention. Audit and report any discrepancies to the Kid Café Production Manager.
- Complete all other paperwork required for production operations
- Enforce established quality control measures and Safe Food Handling Practices to ensure the maintenance of a clean, sanitary and safe working environment in compliance with OSHA regulations and Maricopa Environmental Health regulations.
- Work with key functional departments including Child Nutrition Program team members, Volunteer Services, Warehouse and Transportation staff in support of the Kids Cafe program
- Coach, train and motivate reporting staff as appropriate, completing periodic and formal annual performance review/s as required
- In the absence of the Kids Café Manager, this post holder will assume managerial duties and responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or High School diploma or GED with equivalent education and work experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with food
- Serve-Safe certification (or the ability to obtain within three months of holding this post)
- Hardworking, dedicated professional who "gets the job done"
- Performs duties with a desire to create a superior product
- Great attitude with focus on leading through knowledge and example
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Level 1 fingerprint clearance card or be able to get one and pass a background
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/