Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join our Development team. The Major Gifts Officer will create strategy and tactics to engage, steward, cultivate, solicit donors and prospective donors who have the capacity to make a major gift. This position is solely dedicated to increasing major gifts revenue. Collaborating with the Chief Development and Community Relations Officer, Director of Development, and all portfolio solicitors, this position will take the lead in creating effective communication ideas to enhance revenue from this sector of donors. The Major Gifts Officer will maintain a 300-400 household donor portfolio of current and prospective donors.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of 300-400 current and prospective donor households for major gift commitments.
- Steward donors with a variety of personal communications: personal thank-you phone calls, emails, notes, off-site visits, tours, holiday cards, etc.
- Develop written engagement, solicitation, and moves management strategies to move prospective donors through a cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycle.
- Involve the board, through senior staff, in the cultivation and solicitation of top donors and prospects.
- Collaborate with development staff on stewardship and engagement functions.
- Schedule appointments with donors and prospects to discuss their personal interests that may correlate with St. Mary’s programs and giving opportunities, propensity and desire to be philanthropic in support, and their financial capacity to make major one-time or annual gifts.
- Prepare gift proposals, when appropriate, to secure gift commitments.
- Maintain accurate records of engagements, communications, and donor information in the departmental database.
- Move donors through Moves Management to attain a 25%-30% increase in year-over-year revenue
- Metrics - To be determined after 90 days.
- Track record of maintaining relationships with donors and determining the optimal scenario for successful gift solicitation
- Stewardship and relationship management skills with meticulous follow-through and presentation skills
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate SMFBA’s mission, strategic plan and goals, and case for philanthropic support.
- Ability to initiate first contacts with donors and prospects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills (demonstrated competence in the English language and grammar).
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet and database software and ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Work collaboratively with all St. Mary’s Food Bank staff to help further our mission.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/