St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking an Order Selector- Cooler for our Warehouse in Phoenix. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor of the facility and assists with order verification, order filling, proper storage of food/ non-food product, receiving, distribution, inventory and cycle counting in accordance with established operational policies, principles, and procedures. Responsible for keeping the warehouse inventory properly stored, rotated, and accounted for. This position will be working primarily in the cooler/freezer section of the warehouse. If you are sensitive to cold temperatures this will not be a good fit.
The position is responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, and organized facility. The facility is expected to be compliant with Feeding America and Maricopa County Health Department inspection guidelines at all times.
Above all, this position should demonstrate the Values, Operational Focus, and Mission Statement of the St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance.
- Unloads product from trailers and moves to assigned staging areas.
- Palletizes and shrink wraps product for stability, proper storage and transportation.
- Picks allocated product using pick-tickets for all Agency and Food Bank distributions.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment through proper storage, maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintains forklift cleanliness, maintenance requests and daily inspection logs.
- Supports facility general maintenance requirements; sweeping, mopping, dumping trash, etc.
- Supports other departmental operations as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager, Supervisor, or Lead.
- Assists receiving with the weighing, and staging of all incoming product, as well as, put-a-way products.
- Communicates effectively with team members, supervisors/managers, and all customers.
- Food Handler Card/Certification.
- Rotates perishable product using First-in, First-out management to ensure quality in cooler/freezer.
- All other duties assigned by Operations Supervisor and/or General Manager.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Food Handler certified (Maricopa County).
- Knowledge of basic warehouse sanitation.
- Experience with shipping and receiving procedures.
- Uphold Food value and rules of conduct, with an emphasis of honesty, Integrity, and commitment to the Food Bank mission.
- Ability to operate fork lift and electric pallet jack
- Ability to perform multi-tasking.
- Must have good interpersonal skills
This position will start at $14/hr. St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/