Outreach Coordinator - Skills Center
Outreach Coordinator - Skills Center
The Skills Center Outreach Coordinator is responsible for student outreach/recruitment and job placement at the St. Mary’s Food Bank - Skills Center. This role works with the Sr. Program Administration Manager to plan, develop, and implement all marketing, recruitment and job placement activities and strategic initiatives to help more people get jobs and increase personal stability.
* Builds new applicant referral sources and maintains current partner relationships through on-going marketing, outreach and education efforts including attending offsite events and conducting weekly information presentations throughout the valley
* Engages community partners in facility tours
* Creates and implements marketing and outreach tools and tactics to attract applicants
* Tracks, reports, and develops solutions to program participation barriers
* Develop and implement a marketing/outreach plan with key strategies and performance measures (KPIs) that align with Skills Center program goals.
* Identify, cultivate, track, and maintain partner relationships and events to support key strategies and promote services including, but not limited to in-person meet and greets, site visits, tours, info sessions, and group presentations.
* Lead the creation and implementation of marketing materials in multiple mediums including, but not limited to print, video, and social media with key messaging to increase program awareness and interest for target audiences (student, agency, employer).
* Create and maintain recruitment and employment partner databases for trend analysis and KPI reporting.
* Solicit, document/track and analyze program participation, student placement, employment trends, and employer feedback. Provide strategic insight to increase and elevate enrollment and placement.
* Bachelors degree and/or two years experience in a related position
* Three or more years professional experience in community outreach
* Valid AZ Drivers License
* High desire, motivation and comfort level helping at-risk individuals of diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds facing significant personal barriers to achieve greater self-sufficiency in their life through job training and placement. Includes working with individuals incarnated pre-release.
* Previous recruitment, sales, and/or outreach experience
* Ability to identify trends and make adjustments to strategies
* Ability to foster and build positive relationships with others in all situations
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Ability to management multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity
* Able to shift gears comfortably
* Can assess and act without having the total picture
* Well spoken in person and on the phone
* Excellent presentation skills
* Proven ability to handle adversity in a calm, professional, and confident manner.
* Ability to be compassionate and non-judgmental.
* Able to communicate with a wide range of individuals at varying levels of responsibility.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to speak persuasively to a variety of audiences including funders, agency partners, staff, students, Senior Staff, and Board Members.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Application of pertinent employment laws, rules and regulations as applicable to students
* General knowledge foodservice and/or warehousing
Salary is $50k annually. St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/