St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our Phoenix Location. The Production Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager and has the operational responsibility of supervising the production staff responsible for creating food boxes in support of the food bank’s various programs: Emergency Food Box, Commodity Supplemental Food Programs and the Emergency Food Assistance Program.
The Production Supervisor is also responsible for the food drive, store route dry items and salvage sorting process and the supervision of the Arizona Department of Corrections Inmate work crew. The responsibility to provide a controlled environment for the inmate work crew is vitally important to the food bank. Additional operational responsibilities include produce re-pack, tote washing, cardboard recycling, and forklift operations.
The Production Supervisor coordinates with the Operations Manager and the Volunteer Engagement Team the use of benevolent and community service volunteers. Special emphasis is to be placed on ensuring proper volunteer project set-up and ensuring a rewarding volunteer experience.
- Coordinates, supervises and assists in the production of food boxes, the sorting of food and non-food items, and the re-packing of food and non-food items.
- Coordinates and supervises the use of benevolent and community service volunteers with the Volunteer Engagement. Ensures proper and timely project set-up, as well as a positive volunteer experience at the food bank.
- Is responsible for the supervision and coordination of the Department of Correction and Maricopa Sheriff’s Department Inmate crews.
- Is responsible for maintaining all applicable Food Safety standards. Maintains all Feeding America, Health Department, and St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance safety, sanitation, and operational standards.
- Ensures the proper storage and rotation of all products within the coolers, freezers, and dry storage areas as pertains to the production department.
- Ensures proper product allocation before each production run and proper posting to the warehouse management system after each production run to provide accuracy to the inventory system.
- Monitors and controls the discarding of all waste, factoring in the possible use of food for other purposes.
- Completes quality checks on each production, re-pack, and sorting production run.
- Ensures that all power equipment assigned to the production department is properly maintained.
- Is responsible for maintaining of a clean and safe warehouse environment at all times.
- Supports the Warehouse, Programs, and Volunteer Engagement Departments as needed.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly reports as necessary.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and cost reduction strategies.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated is leadership role.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software, as well as warehouse management system computer experience, forklift certified, good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multitask.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/