St. Mary's Food Bank is seeking an enthusiastic Receptionist with a great attitude for our Phoenix administrative office. The Receptionist will be responsible for excellent customer service in a high-volume office environment routing calls via multi-line phone system for five facilities while greeting visitors in a pleasant and professional manner and providing administrative support at the food bank main campus.
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously assesses 100% of all telephone calls and visitors received/inquiries and directs and/or records and relays messages.
- Assists clients/staff/volunteers/ visitors in a professional and courteous manner to resolve issues or when seeking direction.
- Ensures the reception station is staffed 100% of the time and maintains reception back-up schedule.
- Maintains reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Prepares, logs and processes outgoing mail to include accurate weighing; coding; sorting; postage; properly and preparing certified/overnight/return receipt mail for outgoing Federal Express/UPS/USPS packages and shipments with timely notification to staff upon receipt.
- Maintains incoming mail for distribution and signs for deliveries when necessary and notifies recipients.
- Assists in other administrative duties as needed and assigned by executive administration, CEO, Senior Team or other management personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of current postal regulations and services frequently used by the organization and ensures postage system is operational.
- Contacts Pitney Bowes to update postage balance or obtain updates to postage machine software. Informs supervisor of postage needs when required.
- Respects confidentiality in discussing staff, volunteers and organizational matters, fiscal and personnel related information.
- Ensures that common areas are equipped with office supplies as needed. Informs supervisor of any office supply requests.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to organization/project policies, regulations and procedures.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts and problems identified/potential problems; recommends corrective actions to immediate supervisor.
- Exhibits genuine concern for volunteers, visitors, clients and always conducts oneself appropriately and professionally.
- Develops, gains, and maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Food Bank and community resources; Provides information, referrals and follow-up.
- Prompt and professional routing of all incoming faxes to the appropriate staff person through e-fax and/or facsimile machine.
- Assists clients/volunteers/visitors with parking properly at the main office location.
- High school diploma or G.E.D certification / college degree desirable.
- Minimum of two years relevant office experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish a must.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance.
- Ability to type 35 WPM.
- Punctual with strong attendance history.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic, vibrant team player with can do/positive attitude.
- Strong customer service and professional telephone etiquette skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a diversity of customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Effective organization and time management abilities.
- Detail-oriented work manner.
- Ability to handle pressure and stay calm in fluid situations.
- Professional familiarity with office equipment: telephone/voicemail systems, computers, MS office, copiers, fax machines, laminating equipment, etc.
- A commitment to the Food Bank’s Mission and Values.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/