Resource Sales Manager
Resource Sales Manager
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Resource Sales Manager for our Food Resourcing Department. The Resource Sales Manager is directly responsible for the acquisition of donated food resources for the food bank. Donor account development and retention is a critical aspect of this position’s responsibility. The Resource Sales Manager provides daily account customer service, including timely follow-up and resolution to inactive and problematic accounts. The position is also responsible for coordinating with the Logistics and Transportation teams for the pickup and delivery of food donations.
- Responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining donor relationships with food industry companies, organizations, and individuals to facilitate the donation of food products in support of the mission of the food bank.
- Manage a current team of 4 reports in various roles within the department.
- Responsible for ongoing solicitation, site visits, and account follow-up to ensure donor development, the growth of the donor relationship, and the timely resolution to any problems with donor accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining all donor account records and files, including the food bank database of donor accounts and their activity and the reporting of data and metrics to donors.
- Responsible for the development and growth of donor accounts.
- Seeks program sponsorship opportunities for food bank programs through the growth and development of donor accounts.
- Provides support to the Operations Team in all matters of food resourcing to ensure that highly perishable products are handled correctly and in the most efficient manner to limit waste and to ensure product will be of the highest quality possible when it reaches the agency or end user.
- Supports established logistical processes and procedures to facilitate product arrival and shipment.
- Maintains awareness of market trends, technology, and food safety.
- Provides support to the Operations Team and the Quality Manager in the area of product traceability and food safety programs, and provides support, as needed, for product recalls.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records and generating reports to document and measure key aspects of the position’s job responsibilities (including monthly status reports on account activity and new donor development). Provides data and metrics information to facilitate the evaluation of operational activities of the food bank.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent customer service relations with all internal and external SMFB customers.
- Cultivates and maintain relationships with other food banks, Feeding America, Arizona Food Bank Network, and other community and organizational partners to facilitate the mission of the food bank.
- Participates in job related trade shows as the food bank’s representative.
- Participates in department and organizational meetings as required.
- Follows guidelines provided in the Operations Procedure Manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree, or acceptable equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of active food sales industry experience, or comparable industry experience.
- Significant experience in business/account sales development and management.
- Candidate should have strong negotiating skills and comprehensive experience in customer service management.
- Solid computer literacy and data entry skills also required.
- Self-starter who can work independently and efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to coach employees and interact professionally with the public.
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to the food bank’s cause and mission.
- Ability to think strategically and to resolve problems.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/