Route Driver - Class B
Route Driver - Class B
Are you interested in working for an organization that serves the community you live in? St. Mary’s Food Bank (SMFB) has an opening for a Route Driver (Class B) at our Phoenix, Arizona location. The Route Driver will pick up and deliver donated food on a regularly scheduled route. Our Route Drivers act in the capacity of Customer Service Representatives in their daily contact with donors.
Hours are 5am-until route is finished
Responsibilities of the Route Driver include, but are not limited to:
- Up-keep of assigned company vehicles to ensure, fueling, DOT and appearance standards are met.
- Assisting in the loading/unloading of SMFB trucks under the direction of warehouse authority.
- Operating manual or electric pallet jacks according to SMFB policy and OSHA standards.
- Pre-loading equipment needed for the following day’s route if needed.
- Washing out trailers/truck boxes to ensure cleanliness.
- Completing Driver Record of Duty and Vehicle Inspection Reports daily as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Maintaining the proper handling of food to ensure specific temperatures measures and cross contamination guidelines are adhered to.
- Properly labeling pallets and Food Drive boxes.
- Accurately and neatly filling out Donation Receipts with required information.
- Picking-up and delivering food donations, ensuring on-time standards are met.
- Maintaining excellent relations with Food Donors/merchants and individuals at all times.
- Completing daily reports.
- Driving a B truck to complete a pick-up or delivery.
- Filling-in on local store route pickups if needed.
- Reporting to the Transportation Manager/ Driver Supervisor for disposition during down time or delays.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
Minimum qualifications required:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- The ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times during the route.
- One year experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Good driving record.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- CDL (Class B) license.
- Current DOT Medical Certification.
- Bi-lingual - English/Spanish (preferred).
- Ability to move and/or lift 50-75 lbs. on a consistent basis.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/