Route Driver (Class B)
Route Driver (Class B)
Are you interested in working for an organization that serves the community you live in? St. Mary’s Food Bank (SMFB) has an opening for a Route Driver (Class B) at our Phoenix, Arizona location. The Route Driver will pick up and deliver donated food on a regularly scheduled route. Our Route Drivers act in the capacity of Customer Service Representatives in their daily contact with donors.
Hours are 5am-until route is finished
Pay $18/hr. Recieve $1 increase after 90 days.
Responsibilities of the Route Driver include, but are not limited to:
- Up-keep of assigned company vehicles to ensure, fueling, DOT and appearance standards are met.
- Assisting in the loading/unloading of SMFB trucks under the direction of warehouse authority.
- Operating manual or electric pallet jacks according to SMFB policy and OSHA standards.
- Pre-loading equipment needed for the following day’s route if needed.
- Washing out trailers/truck boxes to ensure cleanliness.
- Completing Driver Record of Duty and Vehicle Inspection Reports daily as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Maintaining the proper handling of food to ensure specific temperatures measures and cross contamination guidelines are adhered to.
- Properly labeling pallets and Food Drive boxes.
- Accurately and neatly filling out Donation Receipts with required information.
- Picking-up and delivering food donations, ensuring on-time standards are met.
- Maintaining excellent relations with Food Donors/merchants and individuals at all times.
- Completing daily reports.
- Driving a B truck to complete a pick-up or delivery.
- Filling-in on local store route pickups if needed.
- Reporting to the Transportation Manager/ Driver Supervisor for disposition during down time or delays.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
Minimum qualifications required:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- The ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times during the route.
- One year experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Good driving record.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- CDL (Class B) license.
- Current DOT Medical Certification.
- Bi-lingual - English/Spanish (preferred).
- Ability to move and/or lift 50-75 lbs. on a consistent basis.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/