Student Support Manager
Student Support Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others and help grow our programs? Would you like to be part of one of the largest food banks in the United States and one of the largest local non-profits in Arizona? The St. Mary’s Food Bank Skills Center is looking for a Student Support Manager to oversee all student support activities and services. This role reports to the Sr. Program Administration Manager and manages the Student Development Specialist. Core responsibilities include assessing student needs, creating individualized action plans, coordinating external resources, personal coaching, and creating and scheduling student-centered instruction and support initiatives to increase personal stability and self-sufficiency.
- Administer self-sufficiency assessments and create action plans in alignment with needs and developmental goals.
- Provide coaching to assist in addressing personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their performance to ensure individual success. Provide immediate crisis intervention when needed.
- Coordinate, create and facilitate educational/supportive materials to build skills and behaviors necessary to manage addictions and increase personal stability.
- Identify, develop, and collaborate with other organizations and programs to help meet students needs. Support students in navigating community-based and state resources (addiction support groups, behavioral health clinics, housing assistance)
- Facilitates conversations with students and program staff related to student performance and behavior issues and assist in creation of development action plan as needed. Ensures all conversations are accurately documented and placed in student file
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, social/behavioral sciences, non-profit or equivalent and/or three or more years’ experience in social services or student affairs work or related specialty.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience creating educational/supportive materials
- Comfortable working one-on-one or in a group setting with a diverse population (including but not limited to individuals who are chronically homeless, justice involved, mental/behavioral health)
- Ability to be compassionate and non-judgmental
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point, Excel, Publisher
- Extensive knowledge of community resources
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/