Student Support Specialist
Student Support Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual at St. Mary’s Skills Center! St. Mary’s is the first and largest food bank in Arizona helping to feed hungry families throughout Phoenix and nine Arizona counties. The Skills Center provides training and self-development in a supportive environment leading to employment and stability.
The Student Support Specialist provides direct and initial support to all students of the Skills Center through life skill training and one-on-one coaching. This position is part of the Student Support team and works in collaboration with all administrative staff and instructors of the Skills Center. This role will build a rapport with students and graduates through regular communication to ensure they are progressing toward self-sufficiency.
* Assists in teaching life skills classes.
* Conducts, compiles and reports on student exit surveys to help make informed decisions on program offerings.
* Meets one-on-one with students to establish long-term goals and check on program progress.
* Conducts post graduate self-sufficiency assessments and tracks in the student database.
* Coordinates graduate services (job searching, resources) with appropriate team members.
* Utilizes and creates tools to engage with students (ie: social media, newsletters, communication boards, etc.)
* Maintains contact with students during and post-program
* Works with Student Support Lead to address daily student concerns.
* Serve as a mentor/peer support/advocate for all students of the program.
Education or Work Experience:
* Associates Degree or 1 year of related work experience
* Preferred: Peer Support Certified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Comfortable working one-on-one or in a group setting with a diverse population a majority of the workday.
* Ability to be compassionate and non-judgmental
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Detail oriented
* Team player
* Ability to solve problems and find creative solutions
* Ability to facilitate group activities and training
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point, Excel
* A strong sense of community involvement and the desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
* Valid AZ Driver’s License
Pay is $45,000/year. St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/
Pay: up to $45,000/year
Excel<br>* A strong sense of community involvement and the desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others.<br>* Valid AZ Driver’s License</p><p>Pay is $45,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2932558