Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
St. Mary's Food Bank is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide excellent customer service and technical support to end-users. Role serves as first point of contact for all IT service tickets and identifies the best solution by communicating with end-users to understand needs. Position is responsible to complete level one desktop support and manage communication with contracted support for escalated tickets. A strong desire to solve problems and work with internal customers are necessary characteristics for the role.
Above all, this position should demonstrate the Values, Operational Focus, and Mission Statement of the St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Maintain day-to-day help desk functions and provide assistance in streamlining processes when applicable.
- Provide proper troubleshooting, resolution, root cause, documentation, escalation, and closure of helpdesk support tickets.
- Maintain accurate ticket status and detailed records.
- Communicate throughout the troubleshooting process, providing updates and confirming appropriate resolution of service tickets.
- Escalate complex matters to appropriate resource.
- Promote end-user self-sufficiency by including them as part of the solution.
- Manage knowledge base documents available in Help Desk.
- Manage company cell phone and I-pad accounts.
- Help maintain accurate inventory records for hardware, software, user names, license keys, passwords, and other information important for maintaining the department.
- Document procedures and processes within Help Desk Guide.
- Provide scheduled maintenance on desktop computers.
- Travel to remote locations when required.
- This is a onsite position.
Education: High School diploma/GED required. A degree in computer science or related field is preferred.
Work Experience: Two years demonstrated and successful IT helpdesk experience including hands-on and telephone support with emphasis on customer service.
- Working knowledge of computers, servers, networks, operating systems, and software (DOS, Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop systems including installed software.
- Understanding of WAN and LAN design and maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot network and ISP connectivity issues.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and user account management.
- Knowledge of Network Security.
- Understanding of Audio Visual/Video conferencing concepts and equipment.
- Detailed and accurate documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service support and solution based communication.
- Excellent organizational, planning, time management, and time tracking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Honesty, Integrity, and commitment to the Food Bank mission.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Raiser’s Edge, Mojo Help Desk, and ShoreTel phones helpful.
- Proficiency with Inkjet printers, laser printers, copy machines, multi-function devices and label printers.
- Familiar with Dell hardware (desktops, laptops, some servers).
- Office365 and AZURE experience desired.
- Ability to coach employees and train them in proper processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at various stages of completeness at the same time.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/