Volunteer Engagement Lead
Volunteer Engagement Lead
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Volunteer Engagement Lead to recruit, retain and engage volunteers as well as contribute to the overall mission of St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance. This position is located primarily at our Phoenix, Arizona SMFBA Knight Distribution Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead on recruiting volunteers throughout the year/daily to ensure St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance’s daily production goals are met at both Del Webb & Knight Center. Volunteer groups could include: Individual volunteers, corporations, schools, faith-based groups & more.
- Lead on posting all shifts on online portals: Salesforce, Volunteer Match, Just Serve & more.
- Lead on tracking volunteers and hours and ensuring all information is captured and entered correctly in all our tracking systems.
- Assist with managing all program volunteers and ensure that they are all working assigned shifts.
- Welcomes all volunteer groups and confirm that registration is completed & forms are signed.
- Work with production to ensure all daily production goals are achieved.
- Ensures all volunteers/groups are oriented and trained for all projects & scheduled shift times.
- Assist with collecting donations from volunteers and other donors, ensuring the donations are processed correctly.
- Conducting tours within the facility and warehouse.
- Assisting in all areas with coverage as needed for Del Webb, Knight Center & Surprise.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining volunteer recognition programs.
- Responding to all correspondence and/or communication (voicemails and emails) in a timely manner.
- Collaborating as a team member to ensure all St. Mary Food Bank Alliance initiatives are met.
- Providing cross-training at all locations.
- Performing duties and tasks in a safety sensitive environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a focus on Communication or Non-Profit degrees.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with volunteers or in a similar environment.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Experience speaking to large groups.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Volunteer Engagement Department.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: jobs.firstfoodbank.org