Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Volunteer Engagement Specialist
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Volunteer Engagement Specialist to recruit, retain and engage volunteers as well as contribute to the overall mission of St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance. This position is located primarily at our Phoenix, Arizona SMFBA Knight Distribution Center. Cross training will be required between all 3 of our buildings (Del Webb, Surprise & Knight Center).
Schedule for this position is Tuesday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm; Saturday 7am-3:30pm Pay is $18/hr.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting volunteers throughout the year to ensure St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance’s daily production goals are met. Volunteer groups could include: Individual volunteers, corporations, schools, DES and faith based groups.
- Welcomes all volunteer groups and confirm that registration is completed.
- Work with production to ensure all daily production goals are achieved.
- Ensures all volunteers/groups are oriented and trained for all projects & scheduled shift times.
- Sign off on service hours for all volunteers.
- Document daily volunteer totals and send communication to Production team.
- Send thank you notes and confirmation emails to all volunteer group leads.
- Assisting with collecting donations from volunteers and other donors, ensuring the donations are processed correctly.
- Conducting tours within the facility and warehouse.
- Assisting in all areas with coverage as needed for front desk, Del Webb and Knight Center.
- Processing volunteer data using online tracking systems such as Hands on Connect and our outlook calendar.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining volunteer recognition programs.
- Responding to all correspondence and/or communication (voicemails and emails) in a timely manner.
- Collaborating as a team member to ensure all St. Mary Food Bank Alliance initiatives are met.
- Providing cross-training at all locations.
- Performing duties and tasks in a safety sensitive environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a focus on Communication or Non-Profit degrees.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with volunteers or in a similar environment.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Experience speaking to large groups.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Volunteer Engagement Department.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/
Pay: up to $18/hour
Surprise & Knight Center). </p><p><strong>Schedule for this position is Tuesday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm; Saturday 7am-3:30pm Pay is $18/hr.</strong></p><p><strong>Responsibilities include
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1870649