|Location:||Surprise , AZ|
Position Summary: The Volunteer Engagement Specialist will recruit, retain and engage volunteers as well as contribute to the overall mission of St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance. This position located primarily at our Surprise, AZ facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting volunteers to ensure St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance?s daily production goals are met. Volunteer groups could include: Individual volunteers, corporations, schools and faith based groups.
- Working with volunteer programs such as Veteran Affairs, Maximus, DES and AARP.
- Conducting volunteers orientation and training for projects for scheduled shift times.
- Coordinating production for Kids Caf? Backpack Program with volunteers (Monday ? Wednesday).
- Gathering donations from volunteers and other donors and ensuring the donations are processed correctly.
- Conducting tours within the facility and warehouse.
- Confirming the various production rooms are set, cleaned and restocked for any type of repack project (cereal, rice, beans, pasta, etc.)
- Providing coverage for front desk, pantry, Kid?s Caf? or other volunteer engagement warehouse areas.
- Managing warehouse projects during afternoon shifts. Tasks include filling food drive bins, weighing the bins, pulling pallets, etc.
- Processing volunteer data using online tracking systems such as Hands on Connect.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining volunteer recognition programs.
- Responding to correspondence (voicemails and emails) in a timely manner.
- Collaborating as a team member to ensure all initiatives are met.
- Providing cross-training at all locations.
- Performing duties and tasks in a safety sensitive environment.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent; Associate?s or Bachelor?s degree is preferred with a focus on Communication or Non-Profit degrees.
- 1-2 years? experience working with volunteers or in a similar environment.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Experience speaking to large groups.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Volunteer Engagement Department.