The position of Warehouse Associate reports to the Client Center Manager/Supervisor of the facility and assists with order verification, order filling, proper storage of food/ non-food product, receiving, distribution, inventory and cycle counting in accordance with established operational policies, principles, and procedures. Responsible for keeping the warehouse inventory properly stored, rotated, and accounted for. The position requires flexibility, excellent verbal and written communication skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to prioritize and work well with all levels of management and staff. This position assist in all operational aspects associated with the direct client distribution program, EFB/CSFP distributions, training staff/ volunteers, quality assurance of distributed food, and the safety and security of the lobby and parking lot.
The position is responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, and organized facility. The facility is expected to be compliant with Feeding America and Maricopa County Health Department inspection guidelines at all times.
- Unloads product from trailers and moves to assigned staging areas.
- Palletizes and shrink wraps product for stability, proper storage and transportation.
- Maintains all work areas in a clean and sanitary condition, the client service lobby, parking lot, warehouse, shipping and receiving dock as well as the cooler, freezer, and dry storage areas.
- Ensure the proper amount of trained volunteers/staff is available and properly placed to provide excellent client service.
- Has a basic knowledge of how to operate within the Ceres software.
- Assists receiving with the weighing, and staging of all incoming product.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Helps to keep inventory stocked and assists with product selection/ordering.
- Assist with inventory cycle counting as required.
- Provides support for volunteer groups and community service workers during Production line to ensure a quality experience and a quality product.
- Oversees the production process and volunteers at all times, ensuring that assigned tasks are completed correctly and that a meaningful work experience is had by volunteers.
- Communicates effectively with team members, supervisors/managers, and all customers.
- Rotates perishable product using First-in, First-out management to ensure quality.
- Ensures quality assurance standards of product incoming are maintained.
- Assist in opening and closing of the facility
- Records/maintains temperature logs of coolers and freezers, and reports any issues.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
Education: High School diploma required.
Work Experience: Minimum of two years demonstrated and successful coordinator or supervisory experience in warehouse operations and customer service or related field.
Basic Skills: Must be knowledgeable in shipping, receiving, and inventory procedures. Ability to operate powered electric equipment such as fork lift and electric pallet jacks. Must have excellent reading, writing and communication skills. Strong computer skills are required and experience in the following programs - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows related programs. Must speak English, bilingual preferred.
Pay is $16.50/hr and will recieve $1 increase after 90 days. St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/