Warehouse Operations Manager
Warehouse Operations Manager
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager for our Phoenix location. This position is fully responsible for the operations of their designated facility as assigned by the Director of Operations. This includes but is not limited to the warehouse and program operations as well as management responsibility for all operations staff and volunteers that work in the facility.
The Operations Manager administers established processes and procedures and provides guidance to the facility staff as it relates to the key programs including CSFP, EFB, Shopping, and TEFAP. This position is responsible for the warehouse function of the facility to include proper receiving and storage of inventory, inventory control, distributions, and loss prevention. The Ops Manager is responsible for the production activities, staff safety and development, and the environment at their facility.
The Operations Manager is responsible for safety and security and ensuring a clean and well organized facility. The facility is expected to be compliant with Feeding America and Maricopa County Health Department inspection guidelines at all times. It is also expected that the Operations Manager be administratively proficient in the creation and maintaining of daily reports, processes, and procedures as directed by the Director of Operations.
Above all, this position should demonstrate the Values, Operational Focus, and Mission Statement of the St. Mary’s food Bank Alliance.
- Manages the day to day operations at the designated facility to include: warehouse, programs, and production.
- Ensures quality service is provided to all internal and external customers of the facility.
- Ensures quality product is distributed to the facility’s programs keeping ensuring the highest standards and adherence to the food bank guidelines.
- Responsible for facility staff and volunteers maintaining positive employee relations.
- Responsible for proper staff utilization and payroll.
- Maintains inventory control as required for warehouse and programs functions.
- Must ensure that daily inventory and par level counts are being met at their facility for all programs.
- Responsible for ensuring all Feeding America, Maricopa County Health Department, and St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance safety, sanitation, and operational standards are adhered to at their facility.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports of all warehouse, production and programs activity.
- Works closely with Volunteer Services in the scheduling and proper utilization of volunteers.
- Opening and closing the facility as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring their facility has all necessary packaging product and office supplies.
- Responsible for continuous improvement, staff training, and cost reduction strategies at their facility.
- Responsible for meeting all budgetary cost constraints and goals to include labor and supply costs.
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Operations or Chief Operating Officer.
Education: Associates degree or minimum five years warehouse operations or related experience. High School diploma required.
Work Experience: Minimum of three years demonstrated and successful supervisory experience at the warehouse manager level or related field required.
Basic Skills: Must be familiar with and have an adequate proficiency level with warehouse power equipment. Must be knowledgeable and experienced in shipping, receiving, and inventory processes. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong computer skills are required and proficiency in the following programs - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows related warehouse management programs. Must speak English, bilingual preferred.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, 401K, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/