St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Supervisor for our busy Warehouse in Phoenix. The Warehouse Supervisor provides supervision over 2nd shift of warehouse staff responsible for loading and unloading trailers, receiving and transferring product, assisting other functions in the facility, performing quality control checks of product, proper inventory control, and product rotation. This position is also responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized facility. This position is also responsible for facility security (opening and closing, setting the alarm system, as well as routine safety and security checks).
- Supervises and assists in the accurate scheduling, receiving, weighing, staging, and transferring of all food bank products.
- Maintains all A2H, Health Department, and St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance safety, sanitation, and operational standards.
- Ensures the proper storage and rotation of all products within the coolers, freezers, and dry storage areas.
- Responsible for training warehouse staff the proper receiving, weighing, staging, and transferring of all food bank products, to include proper storage and rotation.
- Ensures that all power equipment is properly maintained.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure timely and efficient support as necessary.
- Supports the Inventory, Programs, and Transportation Departments as needed.
- Monitors and controls the discarding of all waste, factoring in the possible use of food for other purposes.
- Is responsible for the maintaining of a clean and safe warehouse environment at all times.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly reports as necessary.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and cost reduction strategies.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma: Associates degree or minimum five years work-related experience.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated and successful warehouse supervisory
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software, as well as warehouse management system computer experience,
- Forklift certified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivates employees
- Basic knowledge of math; add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Above average oral and written skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and make quick decisions. .
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to teach warehouse procedures and company policies to staff.
- Ability to create and motivate a team environment.
- Ability to become Fork lift trainer certified.
- Food Handler and Serv Safe certified.
- Proficiency with receiving, order selection and shipping procedures.
- Must be able to lift 75 LBS or over.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/