Warehouse Training Instructor
Warehouse Training Instructor
St. Mary's Food Bank is currently seeking a Warehouse Training Instructor. The Warehouse Training Instructor oversees the computer based training and hands-on instruction of a diverse group of individuals as part of a food bank training program aiming to increase self-sufficiency and leading them to employment. Instructor will also teach and talk about a high level of warehouse and logistics standards. Directs and works alongside the students to give them the tools they need to be successful in the warehousing industry. Works in partnership with the Student Recruiter, Career Services Specialist, Student Development Specialist as well as warehouse operations staff to provide training support and ensure program objectives and processes are aligned and effective.
- Instructing students about safety in the warehouse (OSHA), proper receiving and inventory control measures, tools and equipment, and logistics through classroom instruction and hands-on demonstrations teaching.
- Coordinates with other team members ensuring materials being taught in the classroom and the warehouse are concurrent with employer expectations.
- Provides hands-on training on proper use of forklifts, electric pallet jacks and other equipment as needed.
- Works one on one with struggling students.
- Share best practices learned from real world experience with students to prepare them for the industry.
- Ability to formulate long term planning and execution without supervision.
Oversee Warehouse Training Curriculum:
- Facilitates and oversees computer-based curriculum to ensure the students understand all the knowledge/skills/abilities associated with a warehouse career.
- Assists with creating training workshops/activities/handouts for the warehouse training and/or job readiness components of the curriculum.
- Coordinates schedule of students to work in various aspects of the warehouse and distribution center.
- Consistently reviews and updates the curriculum content and presentation.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Delivers/facilitates assigned curriculum and creates a motivating classroom environment.
- Collects feedback on classes from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation.
- Observes students during instruction to assist in evaluating student performance and behavior.
- This position requires an Associate’s degree and/or 5 years minimum warehouse work-related experience.
- Basic computer literacy and data entry skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word/PowerPoint/Publisher). Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Certified in Material Handling Equipment
- OSHA Certified (Preferred OSHA 10 Certified)
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/