St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance currently has an opening for a Warehouse Production Associate. The Warehouse Production Associate oversees volunteers who are creating emergency food boxes in support of the Food Bank?s mission as well as sorting various food and non-food product that are donated and stage these items for distribution. Special emphasis is placed on the set-up, tear down, replenishment of production lines, as well as data entry of finished product into inventory management software.
Founded in 1967, St. Mary?s is known as the world?s first food bank. Our mission is to alleviate hunger in our state by gathering and distributing food to those in need while encouraging self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Production Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with the Volunteer Engagement department for project production set-up.
- Providing and supervising a controlled and safe environment for volunteers and community service workers.
- Collaborating with Production Supervisor and Volunteer Services for scheduling and coordinating volunteers and community service work activities.
- Overseeing the production process ensuring assigned tasks are completed correctly.
- Conducting audits throughout the production process to verify accuracy and quality.
- Registering all inventory adjustments and movements in the Enterprise Resource Planning (software), promptly and accurately.
- Identifying poor quality product and removing from production lines, ensuring waste is documented and handled appropriately.
- Providing training and direction to staff, volunteers and community service workers.
- Performing daily inventory reconciliation for all production activities performed.
- Providing data to the Production Supervisor for the completion of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Ensuring work area remains clean and orderly at all times; trash and cardboard is to be removed daily.
- Maintaining all applicable food safety, sanitation, and operational standards as established by Health Department, Feeding America and St. Mary?s Food Bank Alliance.
- Operating all warehouse equipment (forklifts ? stand-up and sit down, electric pallet/rider jacks, etc.)
- Maintaining all cleaning and forklift logs as applicable.
- Opening and closing of the production area.
- High School Diploma or completed GED required.
- Minimum of two years successful experience working with groups.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Excel and warehouse management system software.
- Food handlers? card or ServSafe certification.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fork lift experience/certification.
- Safety sensitive position.
St. Mary?s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.